TAKING ACTION AGAINST COVID-19
We urge government and philanthropic leaders to provide our organizations the resources they need to carry out their essential work, especially in light of the critical role they will continue to play in helping our families and communities get through this unprecedented crisis. Here is what we’re asking our philanthropic donors to do to protect our nonprofits:
- Read and share our letter to Congress urging leaders to pass a second coronavirus relief package.
- Read the sign-on letters we have joined to fight COVID-19 on our Letters and Testimonials page.
- Commit to pay the full grant amounts committed to our human service providers through the end of their agreed upon contract periods, even if they are unable to meet their program deliverables due to this public health crisis. We applaud the City of New York and several private foundations who have already committed to taking this important step.
- Immediately pay all outstanding contract invoices and halt recoupments on advances to promote cash flow.
- Advance interest-free bridge loans to help ensure the continuity of nonprofit operations
- Ensure that any economic stimulus proposals aimed at helping adversely affected industries provides direct funding for community-based nonprofits given their vital role in the delivery of services to vulnerable children, families, and older adults; and their role as economic engines for local neighborhoods and communities.
- Read the full letters sent to Federal and New York City elected officials explaining why non-profits must be included in any economic stimulus package.
- Sign a petition to close the nation's immigration courts during this global pandemic.
- Contact Congress NOW and tell them that non-profits must be included in any federal stimulus relief package.