Since 1996, the Hispanic Federation has used its network of Hispanic non-profits and close linkages with Latino and mainstream media to engage hundreds of thousands of people through civic education, voter registration and get out the vote activities. Over the past 15 years, the Hispanic Federation has:
- Successfully registered 300,000 Latinos
- Launched Get Out the Vote campaigns that have reached out to more than 100,000 in NY, NJ and CT
- Educated 150,000 New York State Latinos about the 2010 Census via the innovative HF community-based Census Leadership Center model
- Implemented more than 100 civic engagement trainings for Latinos
- Developed the capacity of member agencies to launch their own civic engagement and voter registration efforts
In February 2012, HF launched the Movimiento Hispano Website in order to increase Latino civic engagement and voter turnout.